(meteorobs) Mojave CA Question

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Fri Nov 16 14:35:04 EST 2007

> I have been a reader/ member of meteorobs for many years, but rarely
> submit
> anything.  I hope I'm doing this correctly!  I am going to Mojave CA
> desert
> Saturday and Sunday night. I'm going to take my telescope (Meade NGC/ NG
> Series, which I'm just learning to use).  Are there any suggestions on
> thnigs to
> look for in the night sky?  Both with naked eye, and with  telescope?  I'm
> total rookie, so keep it "simple" if you can! LOL!

    Hi Laurie. For observations of interest to the naked eye the answer is
obvious: the Leonids! I refer you to Joe Rao's excellent article on

    Objects of telescopic interest and such are generally beyond the purview
of this list. However, may I suggest you download the latest issue from
skymaps.com which includes a star chart, sky calendar and a list of
accessible celestial objects. The northern hemisphere version is available

    Hope this helps!